A decision strategy defined

When words or imagery are used in advertising and communications, your audience filters the information through an invisible architecture of conscious and unconscious thought patterns that result in either their action (i.e. persuasion/sales growth) or inaction (failure).

We call these thought patterns a "decision strategy".

  • Decision strategies represent the blueprint for how your target audience thinks, decides and becomes persuaded to choose one brand over another.

Each of us has many decision strategies – one for every choice we make in our lives. If we didn't have them, we wouldn't decide anything.

icebergIt is common knowledge people can consciously articulate only up to 10% of these thought patterns. Like in an iceberg, the rest is hidden beneath the surface. That leaves 90% of persuasion to chance Not great odds. This presents an obvious problem for the marketer in that virtually everything that drives a decision and brand choice can not be consciously articulated by its target audience.

Methodology

The data can be gathered online, over the telephone or face-to-face. In that aspect, our approach is similar to that of other customer insight approaches.

Our difference lies in:

  • knowing the right questions to ask

  • knowing what to listen for in order to capture the complete decision strategy

  • knowing how to utilize these insights to create the most influential and persuasive messaging for your brand.


Decision strategies determine everythingno-yes

Most experts agree that up until now advertising, communications and marketing has been, at best, sophisticated guesswork. Although some novel customer insight and testing approaches exist today, for the most part they measure things that are easy and available to measure, rather than what really matters in persuasion: brand loyalty, decision making or changing a mind from "no" to "yes".

  • The decision strategy of your target audience is the ultimate gatekeeper.
    - Get past the gatekeeper, and the sale is yours.

The key to persuasion

Our technology is deep, holistic and revolutionary.  It is based dually on the science of linguistics and on Dr. Yeager's proprietary persuasion technology developed over the past 40 years.

Our technology has pulled together all the fragmented pieces of the linguistic sciences that have evolved since 1926 and combined them with Dr. Yeager's proprietary technology in a way that engineered them into a single system that both diagnoses and prescribes how to change a mind from "no" to "yes".

Our approach identifies the eight unique macro components of persuasion, dozens of micro components and the connections within these components. In their totality, these represent the decision strategy of your target audience for your type of product or service. Clients often refer to this process as the diagnostic or identification phase.

The key to persuasion is to match or align your strategy and communications precisely with your target audience's decision strategy. It's as easy as dialing the correct digits in the correct sequence when dialing a telephone number.

To successfully change a mind you must know both parts of the equation:

1. The accurate diagnosis of how your target thinks, decides and becomes persuaded through identification of the complete 8-part decision strategy.

2. The prescription of how to match that decision strategy in your messaging in a way that actually changes a mind from "no" to "yes". 

Our approach has been doing both successfully for over 30 years.

How not to capture a decision strategy

Some of our clients have used various linguistic, psycho-linguistic or natural language processing methods in the past.

These methods commonly use online focus group-like surveys to capture word counts, content analysis and theme recognition.

These linguistic approaches are appropriate for capturing the 10% of conscious fragments of any decision strategy process.

These methods are not able to identify or measure decision strategies beyond the reach of typical focus groups and various other customer insight approaches.

Likewise, decision strategies can not be identified through focus groups, ethnographies, brain scans, neuroscience, laddering, metaphor analysis, psychographics, demographics, trade-off analysis, segmentation analysis or the myriad of other customer insight approaches that exist today, fantastic as some of their claims may be.

 




Yeager TechnologiesCopyright 2008 - Yeager Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
408 Executive Drive • Langhorne, PA  19047, USA
Phone: +1 215 860 1060 | Fax: +1 215 794 4537 | Email: info@YeagerTechnologies.com